Thursday 25 February 2010

pdcc time again? where did the week go?


I'm sure the weeks go faster in February!  Not that I mind the Play Date Challenges coming round, and especially not this week.  Julie's introduced the idea of a 'colour splash'... black and white with a splash of colour.  And this week's colour is one of my favourites - teal :)  I love the contrast of black and white against a colour (or vice versa) so this is right up my street. 

Julie did the challenge graphic all by herself this week..didn't she do a great job for her first time using Photoshop!  That program just seems like gobbeldygook to me, so I'm really proud of her.


I found this black and white fabric whilst at a Quilt Exhibition at the weekend and after seeing some owls similar to this one decided I had to design my own! 


He's a little tiny owl, but full of character.


And he seems to be happy in the trees in my garden ;)

18 comments:

  1. So how ridiculously CUTE is this guy....gal????

    What a creative way to use these challenge colors, Sarah...as if I would expect anything less ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sarah! He's absolutely adorable!!! You are such a creative girl, my friend! Love this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - your owl is a real hoot! :) He looks so happy in your garden - roosted on that tree branch! I just want to pinch his cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, he is soooo cute! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, he's fantastic! Really envy your creativeness, I can't knit/sew/crochet to save my life!
    Just love him X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh how cute is he!! Another to add to your growing collection of PDC owls!
    Love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's fab - you are a clever girl.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...this little cutie brings a smile to my face..how sweet :) The tufts of hair are adorable and the photo in the tree is a real HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little owl Sarah, so cute!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. he is just so cute - what a great character Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LOVE this little guy! Gorgeous colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this color palette....and your little owl is BEYOND cute!!! he's got great personality!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. This owl is too cute! So creative!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. This little guy is just too adorable, Sarah! Your ideas are just the best! xoxo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you do the feet? They are difficult to see in the picture, but look pretty realistic. I really want to make one of these for my nephew.
    I absolutely love this. Great job. (I found you on pinterest)

    ReplyDelete
  16. такая смешная сова)))) супер!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails