Thursday, 25 February 2010

pdcc time again? where did the week go?


I'm sure the weeks go faster in February!  Not that I mind the Play Date Challenges coming round, and especially not this week.  Julie's introduced the idea of a 'colour splash'... black and white with a splash of colour.  And this week's colour is one of my favourites - teal :)  I love the contrast of black and white against a colour (or vice versa) so this is right up my street. 

Julie did the challenge graphic all by herself this week..didn't she do a great job for her first time using Photoshop!  That program just seems like gobbeldygook to me, so I'm really proud of her.


I found this black and white fabric whilst at a Quilt Exhibition at the weekend and after seeing some owls similar to this one decided I had to design my own! 


He's a little tiny owl, but full of character.


And he seems to be happy in the trees in my garden ;)

19 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

So how ridiculously CUTE is this guy....gal????

What a creative way to use these challenge colors, Sarah...as if I would expect anything less ; )

Julie said...

Oh, Sarah! He's absolutely adorable!!! You are such a creative girl, my friend! Love this little guy!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sarah - your owl is a real hoot! :) He looks so happy in your garden - roosted on that tree branch! I just want to pinch his cheeks :)

Helen said...

I have to say, he is soooo cute! L

Anne Jagger said...

Wow, he's fantastic! Really envy your creativeness, I can't knit/sew/crochet to save my life!
Just love him X

3d電影 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest...................................................

Sue said...

Ohhh how cute is he!! Another to add to your growing collection of PDC owls!
Love him :)

chris f said...

He's fab - you are a clever girl.
Chris x

Jan said...

LOL...this little cutie brings a smile to my face..how sweet :) The tufts of hair are adorable and the photo in the tree is a real HOOT!

The Stamp Man said...

Love your little owl Sarah, so cute!

Jill x

Carol Quance said...

he is just so cute - what a great character Sarah.

JeanFB said...

Absolutely LOVE this little guy! Gorgeous colors, too!

Michele said...

oh he's so cute!

lori vliegen said...

i love this color palette....and your little owl is BEYOND cute!!! he's got great personality!! :)))

Hanne said...

This owl is too cute! So creative!
Hanne

beedeebabee♥ said...

This little guy is just too adorable, Sarah! Your ideas are just the best! xoxo Paulette

kristen said...

I LOVE this so much!

Trace said...

How did you do the feet? They are difficult to see in the picture, but look pretty realistic. I really want to make one of these for my nephew.
I absolutely love this. Great job. (I found you on pinterest)

Татьяна (by Sweet) said...

такая смешная сова)))) супер!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails