Thursday 4 February 2010

play date cafe challenge time again!

And this week's colours, chosen by Sandi, are much easier, I promise!  There are only four (well three really, as there are two shades of brown) and they include that lovely combo of blue and brown :)


I used some fabric I found from another project and decided to incorporate it into a tag.  It's always good to have a desk/work area that's not too tidy, it means such serendipity has a chance!


I layered the fabric wth some papers, adding blue and green flowers from my Prima collection, sparkles and stitching.

[sorry that pic isn't the greatest]

I used peeled paint and walnut stain distress inks, and distressed the edge of my tag with scissors.  For the background I used Tim's School Desk set.


And I just LOVE the Wendy Vecchi butterfly :)

13 comments:

  1. I think it's so funny that you and I both did tags for the challenge this week!

    Yours is really cool....love the layers and the textures that you made.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Sarah! That green butterfly sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully soft. Very cleverly created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colours are just gorgeous and you tag looks super !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, your tag is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this. My favourite colours and I adore how you've used them. The textures are fab, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tag, love your take on the colors. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your serendipity moment, Sarah, the fabric looks great and I adore the blue and brown on the edges, fantastic.
    The textures, layers and detail are amazing. I love coming to see what you've been creating. It's always so inspirational.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab piece, and sorry not been by recently.. life has taken over :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful
    love this its so pretty
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah! I love your tag...the colors, layers and textures...and that bit of sparkle too! Soooo pretty! Hugs, Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, Sarah! I always love how you put things together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails