Thursday 18 February 2010

roses are red, and daisies too in this week's Play Date Cafe Colour Challenge!


I have rather a lot of journals that need covers, so when it became apparent that these flowers weren't going to fit on a card,  I found a journal that was a perfect fit!   And being red, it fitted in great with this week's Play Date Cafe colours :)


Aren't they gorgeous?  So many options with this colour combo. 


I went for a bit of a grunge look.  The flower stamp is from the Autumn Leaves' Doodle Flowers set.  I stamped it onto text that I'd sprayed brown, mounted it on red card, and paper pieced the centre to include red dots and some grungy letters courtesy of Sir Tim.  I stitched around the flowers with my sewing machine, and added the leaves and stems.


I didn't intend this piece to come out as pretty as it did LOL but it needed something to the side of the main image and the bits n pieces I found brought about a rather prettier look.  Not that it matters!


And don't forget, the Play Date Cafe have a Design Team Call out 'til Feb 28th so still time to get your application in!  Click HERE for details,

10 comments:

  1. Just wonderful, Sarah! I love your journal covers--I need to get busy! I'm on time tonight--amazing!

    Hope you're doing well & having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet Sarah! I love your journal cover! That stitching if wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sarah...loving those flowers loads x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh funky! do like the look of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous cover for your journal, Sarah. I love those flowers.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cover - love all the stitching x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails