Thursday 30 April 2015

five layers of journaling

Still catching up on sharing my pages from my moleskine planner, inspired by the Original Documented Life Project and this is another of my favourites.

Art Challenge: Using at least Five Layers


The challenge was to use at least five layers and I was hugely inspired by the fabulous Art to the 5th Cardboard Crush workshop.


I painted up a strip of paper with a repeated mark and created five separate 'pages' that I then stitched together.


Each of the five 'pages' has five layers on it....


...and they lift up so are journaled on both sides.


I hope you get a good idea from these photos; it was hard to get good images of the way this page was put together!


I'm loving adding doodling to my pages :)


The above 'page' started off as a scrap of paper that I'd added some watercolour paint to.  I then doodled around a leaf shape and added some collage.


I'm not sure where this little guy came from - possibly an old lotto game.  I just loved him and decided he'd be happy in my journal.  I added art journaling to the other side of the card ...


Another page featured a verse from Documented Faith



I really can recommend this art challenge.  I'm loving it :)



4 comments:

  1. Sarah these are wonderful, so much to look at and great colours, you can tell you are enjoying it.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah! I can only see this on my phone and it looks great! Hope to see it properly soon! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours, layers and images; and I am sure IRL it's even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails