Thursday 10 September 2009

a celebration of corsets

I've 'borrowed' these pics from Becca's website (I'm sure she won't mind).  This is what the Quilt exhibition will be like this weekend; except this year it includes our altered corsets :) :) :)  Carol and I are travelling down together tomorrow but I promise to take loads and loads of pics and bore, er, entertain you with them when I get back after the weekend. 
Apparently all the quillts are hung around the village as if 'put out to air', a common practice in the US I am told, and we go 'walkabout' in true Australian style (except living off the land in Dorset must surely include eating cream teas, oooh, this weekend gets better and better; even the weather is going to be good).  There are 11 corsets in all:  Gwendoline Grace, the Peacock Lady, Monet's Garden, Viva la Diva, Construction-Deconstruction-Construction, Mermaid Dreams, Gathering Lilacs, Field of Dreams, Metallica Magic, Shimmering Christmas, All things British.  Have a great weekend everyone, and for those in the UK, enjoy these few days of sunshine :)

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! This sounds like fun!Those are beautiful quilts in your photos, and I can't wait to see all those beautiful corsets on display! Tell me...what's a "cream tea"?
    Hugs, Paulette :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails