Tuesday 4 January 2011

zebra, zebra, zebra

Day two's prompt from Milliande was to doodle a zebra mandala, the cut it up and stick it into your journal.  Zendoodling is very relaxing, but very time consuming so I didn't finish mine until this morning.

Milliande has a template on her website of the outlines of the zebra inside the circle.  We than had to print out the image in three different sizes.  I chose to use my largest printout for the zebra images, which fill the page nicely.


Placing three heads on a page isn't something I feel comfortable doing, but this is a challenge so I went ahead, and like the result!  Milliande printed her background with watercolour paint on an old cd.  I used watercolour paint through some sequin waste instead, taking the colour off a black aquatone pencil.  I loved the marks the wet pencil made so used it to add stripes to the background too.


Additional stripes were added by cutting strips from the other print outs before adding the zebra heads and then some colour, again from my aquatone pencils.  

I'm working in London today, and hoping to catch the Quentin Blake exhibition after work - can't wait ;)  Just hope I can stay awake, my train leaves Manchester at 5am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It would be so fun to make that image at the top...I love doodling. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Zebras! Specially like the way you've coloured bits of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zendoodling looks great as always! Hope you don't fall asleep on the train home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! The finished pages are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sarah - love how you have interpreted this. I am following Milliande with you - you got me into it.
    Hope you've had a good day and got to the exhibition.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails