Sunday 7 September 2014

deli paper and the gelli plate

I finally got hold of some deli paper to try with my gelli plate - only taken me a year!!  I discovered this when I googled 'deli paper gelli  plate' and found Kate's post, which is where I must have seen it originally!


So I spent yesterday afternoon playing, and what made it more wonderful was that I did it with two good friends :)  I started off with colours and stencils I'm happiest with...


... then branched out, adding an earth colour as per Sami Harding's advice at Art Summer Camp this year...



... and ended up adding colours I don't normally immediately choose as that was what my friend used and it looked amazing!  That's one of the brilliant things about playing with your paints etc alongside others, whether at home with a friend or in a class.

I particularly wanted to try deli paper this week because I discovered Bible Journaling a week or so back and, keen to give it a try, I purchased a journaling Bible (it has extra wide margins for note taking ...or paint, depending on your preferences ;)  )


I thought the deli paper would work well on the fine paper that Bible's are made up of.  In the end, I also dived in and added paint straight to my pages, working alongside my gelli plate, using it just like I would any other journal!



I added some texture to a random page whilst cleaning off my stencil ...


...and added some gelli printed deli paper alongside one of my favourite Psalms


 And that was my very happy Saturday after an exhausting first week back at school :)

4 comments:

  1. so so fabulous.. I've been doing the same kind of thing lately.. so fun! Your pages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love playing with my gelli plate, but haven't yet tried the deli paper on it. Love the results you have attained here. Never heard of Bible Journaling, so am so amazed by what you have done with yours. Combining art and a "good read" is a perfect combination in my book (pun intended!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! I love a bit of deli paper, and your prints look amazing. Yes, Mindy Lacefield always adds an earth colour too ... must remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails