Sunday 22 November 2009

fairies in the Stamp Attic

Well, that was the plan!
 
It wasn't until I spoke to Wendy yesterday that I realised that the first two cards I 'd made using the fairyland stamp set didn't feature fairies at all!  Duh!!  But stay tuned, as fairies are on their way, I promise!!!

 
This ATC was made using the Radio Times, Adirondack Colour Wash in Stream and a Lake Mist acrylic dabber.  I printed the quote off the computer and stamped the nest on off-white card before cutting it out.  All materials, apart from the Radio Times ;), are available from the Stamp Attic!



I sketched this card design out last week and am really pleased with how it's come out.  EDIT: [The card is against a background of painted Radio Times paper to make the photo look a bit more interesting ;)] I didn't let my lack of nestabilities stop me making an oval with a scalloped border!  I printed an oval shape in Word and used it as a template then drew the scallops by hand with a white gel pen.  The background to the bird was made in the same way as I often do the backgrounds in my journals, and again features the Radio Times :) .   The background paper is a Daisy Bucket design called 'In the Meadow' and I used the swiss dots EF with my cuttlebug for the top section.

I love how vintagey these images are! Don't forget to watch out for the fairies...coming soon :)

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Crafty Secrets stamps, but can only get them mailorder around here...Jules ReAlLy loves them!

    These are such great projects, too...love the colors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards, Sarah--fairies or no! You've got my favorite Crafty Secrets stamps--well done! I love this company--perfect for a vintage girl like me! Can't wait to see the fairy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love them all but especially the ATC. I see your favourite colours again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards, the bird is exquisite, I just love how you put that one together. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Sarah, thank you so much for the lovely things you said on my blog...could you tell i was a little excited at winning Kates journal? lol...i shall let you know if the ribbons escape a coating of paint :)

    Sounds like you had a fab time at The Stampman with Kate...i live in Skipton :)

    Really enjoyed browsing your blog, gorgeous work Sarah...i shall be back xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetie! I love your cards, especially the one with the cute little bird! Oh gosh, Sarah, that's sooo beautiful! Thank you for your Thanksgiving wishes, that was so thoughtful! Wish you were her to celebrate with us! Hugs, Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails