Thursday 24 June 2010

PDCC#35: what a teeny tiny world we live in

If you're a play date cup winner you're eligible to be featured as a guest designer at the cafe, and this week we welcome

Now one of the remarkable things that we discovered about Lucy this week, is that she lives 5 minutes drive away from me!!  Can you believe what a small world we live in?  And not only that, she's not long moved house and used to live 5 minutes walk away!!  We're sure we must have seen each other in Sainsbury's or Tesco [our local food stores for my US friends] lol

I love blogs :)

Lucy and I are both teachers, we both like to use stitching in our work, and both love Hero Arts designs, oh, and we both enjoy gardening.....but our work is rather different.  Lucy works very cleanly, I'm a bit of a messy, throw paint around kind of person.  I can't wait to meet up though :)


Ok, if you're still with me, I chose the play date colours this week. I realised we'd not really featured the colour brown in many of our challenges so had a browse around some art photos.  Julie and I both loved this chairs image.   I'm definitely in a canvas mood at the minute (which is good, as I'm teaching them  a lot at the minute!!)


I drew this seahorse earlier in the week for a zendoodling class and decided to use him again here.  I used brown, red and orange portfolio oil pastels for his body and enhanced him with stitching and beads.


Spray ink on the canvas, buttons, thread, lace, beads, feather and fabric all bring texture to the sea. 


I love adding these bits n pieces, it's so relaxing!


My Sophie is 13 today [Happy Birthday Sophe!!!] and she's had her eye on this piece so I'm wrapping it up for her birthday :)

And I'm going to leave you with Lucy's card, so beautifully neat and tidy :)

Don't forget to hop on over to see all the other designer's cards for this week - they are all FaBuLouS!!

15 comments:

  1. Love the seahorse! Happy Birthday Sophie!!! Love that you live so close to Lucy! She is so talented! Loved the color inspiration for this week and it was truly inspiring!!! Gorgeous lace, sequins and texture on your canvas. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool mixed media piece! Hope Sophie has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHH---I just love that seahorse! How awesome is he? And how clever to use him in this color combo! I love that you always bring such creative projects to the team:) LOVE this project and the PDCC:)

    Wish I could come this weekend to your class! I love that Lucy lives so close--how fun!!! Is she going to be there too? Take pics of your class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is fabulous, Sarah! Love the darling seahorse and all the great textures.. happy birthday, Sophie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try using the glue directly on the stamp...such a really cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the mixture of textures. Happy birthday Sophie! How lovely to have a crafty buddy so nearby!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story and it was fun sharing it with you : )

    Happy Birthday to your Sophie...she is a mini Sarah to be sure!

    Thanks for being my partner in so many adventures...in blog land AND in life ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your seahorse Sarah and the canvas is fantastic. I absolutely love the colour for the challenge this week. Hope Sophie has a great birthday. Have a relaxing evening, Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an enchanting piece of art! Love your choice of color and texture. Put me in a good mood just looking at it :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the seahorse! I always think of cards for challenges .....must learn to think of other ideas!!
    Happy Birthday to Sophie - lucky girl to get the canvas.
    Can't come at the weekend as we're away for the week in the Lake District and I couldn't get the date changed of the holiday!!! ;-) (one of the reasons I get to see you on both days of the July weekend to make up for it!!).
    See you soon.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mixed media, so it's fun to do this little blog hop and see what everyone is doing. Thanks for the opportunity to win the Gilding tool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Sophie.
    Like everyone else, I love the seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now let me guess who's got their eye on that one!!! What a fun piece of work, fab how you brought in all of the colours. How amazing is it that you live so close to Lucy! Such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Talk about inspo--those chairs and your projects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails