Wednesday 26 October 2011

WOYWW 125 -little gnomie


This morning saw me at my sewing machine again, this time making a picture of a gnome for my friend Kate, who's birthday it is on Friday.  Like me, she loves gnomes, so I thought I'd have a go at stitching a picture of one.


Now I need to make me one as I love him so much!  Especially the needlefelted beard :)  He's made up of a variety of fabrics, and mounted using an embroidery hoop.  The toadstools were a sock I found hanging around my sewing machine lol!


I'm sharing this as part of What's on your Workdesk Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by the lovely Julia Dunnit, where you get to see what everyone else has been up to today!

EDIT: I've discovered where the other sock went (and why there was a sock next to my sewing machine in the first place lol!) - my fourteen year old daughter Sophie used it to make a sock monkey :)

16 comments:

  1. He is brilliant! I am sure he will be a very popular little gnomie. xJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous little gnomie and lve the toadstools. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the gnomie, and the toadstools are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't he just gorgeous? You just have to make yourself one ton keep!! TFS Cindy #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute!! I love Gnomes too and just posted about them a few days ago...thank heaven for the 1970's here in the US because that's when they became popular here : )
    Beautiful work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gnome is adorable. I love that the sock was turned into a toadstool. I have a few socks I'd love to turn into something. This week's laundry was full of mismatches. I don't know where they all go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Sarah - better yet - brilliantly done! I really think he's cute, but I love the toadstools - 'specially as they are from a found sock - what happens when you find the other!! Made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, That's clever! I haven't had the nerve to do free sewing yet, so really admire anyone who is adept at it!!
    Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gnome and the stripey toadstool too!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that picture - the sock made a fantastic toadstool. I am new to sewing (about 2 months in) and am doing bags to get the hang of things I can only watch this type of creativity with awe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a cute little gnome, and how good to give him a toadstool to sit on. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! Happy late WOYWWED!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how cute! I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are so talented! Look forward to catching up sometime! Have fun next week! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an unusual project! I don't think I've ever seen a gnome done as a card before! Very well carried out, too! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #84

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your little gnome. Did you see y posting about the knitted tree - thought about you when I saw it. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #11

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails