Thursday 25 October 2018

I've joined the Crafty Individuals Design Team


I am truly honoured to have been invited onto the Crafty Individuals' design team, along with my good friend Chris of Pearshaped Crafting blog.  As a full-time special needs teacher the time I have available to 'make' is limited, and I am thankful for Jean and Malcolm's understanding of this.  It is wonderful though to be back blogging; and I am hoping that this will keep me on my blog a bit more regularly rather than just on Instagram!


I recently made some cards using the new designs and snapped some step by step photos along the way.


I am taking part in a challenge over on Instagram, set by the amazing Birgit Koopsen, to use a different product every day in October.  This day's product was my poor neglected distress markers.   After creating a Distress Oxide background with Picked Raspberry and Salted Ocean, I stamped text in the background, part of the 'Noel Border' then used the distress marker to stamp the snowflakes from the main stamp image.


I use parts of the stamp by inking up the required area then removing the ink with a baby wipe from the areas I don't want to stamp with.  Here I selected one of those tiny stars...

...which I then stamped on the inked background, along with some of the larger text stars.


I stamped the image onto white copier paper a few times and cut out the areas shown.


I love those stitchy marks and emphasised them using my sewing machine.


A gold confetti star on top of the tree..


...and some snowy effects added using Stickles completed my card.

I really love the collage stamps that Crafty Individuals design.  They have sooo many little elements that you can use in so many different ways.  The stamps used in this project were:


And then, because I was having so much fun,  I made a little tag too!


Thanks so much for reading, and I hope nobody collapsed in shock when they spotted I'd blogged lol

7 comments:

  1. I was delighted when I read on Chris's blog!! great to see you post - love this card! will be watching out for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah and welcome to the team, it’s lovely to have you join us. Your card and tag are both fabulous and I love your background colours too. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful designs. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking myself up!!! Love these stamps, my favourite background stamp and I am loving the Noel stamp! Adore your colour choices! Welcome back to the land of blog! Instagram works well but there's nothing like blogging! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Sarah to the CI team. great work with this christmas stamp. love the background.
    hugs,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team! Great to see some different inspiration again...love how you use the sewingmachine on your cards! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sarah, Welcome to the team. Beautiful creation have you made with the stamp. Enjoy the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on joining the team Sarah. A big warm welcome. Beautiful projects.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails