Wednesday 11 April 2012

WOYWW 149 - a work in progress


I had a wonderful, wonderful yesterday splodging paint around at The Cubby Hole, Crewe.  Armed with an old Amazon box, a pile of paper and a stack of paints I spent the day creating a new art journal.


The beauty of working in a shop is that new supplies are right to hand!  I just fell in love with the Graphic 45 door handle and plate and when the rest of the journal cost so little I had no problem justifying its purchase!


With all my journaling over the last week or so I've started missing my handmade journal with its different sized pages (it's at Stampington & Co awaiting publication hee hee) and when my eye caught this Amazon box I decided it would make a perfect cover.


Inside the pages have been created from scrapbook papers, old envelopes, watercolour paper and pre-painted papers.  The file folder is by Cavallini, which I found in my local Waterstones :)


I love the challenge that starting from different papers provides.  I am a little scared now by the size of this journal lol!


So now it waits on my workdesk to be stitched together!  Don't forget to take time to peruse lots of other desks via Julia's Stamping Ground.

18 comments:

  1. Another stunner! Love the variations of size and the cover is gorgeous. (Helen, at 39)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - thanks for sharing.

    #148

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another masterpiece! You are going to have so much fun with this I'm sure! Hugs, Chrisx ps Coffee, Friday? Will ring - promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea, I don't know how many times I have just chucked those book boxes in the recycle bin! I'll keep one back next time though, and make a great holder for my journal pages. I really love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those boxes right now!! Thought of cutting it up to do something with it but you've given me an idea -- and I'm going to run with it!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay
    36

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ARE the queen of all things art journaling....how's that BOOK coming along ; ) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the turquoise in the first few pics. So pretty.
    Hugs,
    A x #68
    ps I really do not like the two word thingy at the bottom to leave you a comment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background you created - looks like you had fun there. And your journal is fab, love the map and steampunky page!
    Hugs, LLJ #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My!!! My first visit here and I am in awe! Breathless, in fact! I looked over your posts and jeepers!!!! Really amazing work!!! Thanks for being an inspiration. You inspire me to "let go" a little more.
    Thanks for visiting me...and finding you!
    hugs!
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah your work is just gorgeous Jacqui #111

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the journal, it's a work of art even before you start working in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah,

    Just looked back over your recent posts....what a lovely week you've had playing with your journals. I love your style of journalling and it's nice to see that you've had time this week to share your work with us.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! That's a wonderful cover and I love the eclectic sized pages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This current project looks lovely Sarah, and I adore that door plate/handle.
    Nice to see you on WOYWW and maybe some time we can catch up.

    Hugs, Neet #10

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks fab! Take care, it's Friday but I'm still working my way through the WOYWW list. Love Zo xx 75

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cover, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful work and love the colours you have used, thanks for sharing.

    Eliza #80

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Sarah, so unusual with the door handle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails