Friday 2 October 2009

a steampunk romance



I've got an idea for a steampunk themed piece of art to demonstrate at Happy Stampers Northwest at Port Sunlight on 10th October '09 so I've just been doing a bit more research on 'steampunk' to make sure I was on the right track.  And look what I found!!!  How fantastic is this?  And you can see step by step pictures of how he made this in his book here.  Roll on tomorrow, I have a couple of hours to play with this idea and Paper Artsy's new clock stamps :) [check out blog entry dated 25th Sept '09]

9 comments:

  1. That thing is so cool! I've never heard of a "steampunk". I watched it twice I liked it so much, especially the way his hands move! Loved it! Hugs, Paulette =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your steampunk piece at Port Sunlight......I am expecting it to be like this one you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get those expectations lowered girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that so cool?! I love Steampunk, always have, but I would have to say it took an issue of Somerset Studio to introduce me to the 'name'. There is an actual magazine published in the US that is all about Steampunk....we are ALWAYS on the same page...it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In fact....I think we were separated twins...verrrrry separated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sue - Can't wait to see this at Port Sunlight when you've made it! Seriously!
    How absolutely fantastic that is. Even the music is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that. Steampunk is something I came across a while back and it's fascinating. One of these days I'll get round to making my steampunk dragonfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. See you at Port Sunny, looking forward to your piece of steampunk too ! That model is really cool !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steampunk really fascinates me. Thinking of going to the exhibition in Oxford later this year http://steampunkmuseumexhibition.blogspot.com/
    Not sure I'll ever be any more than a spectator with this one though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails