Thursday 24 March 2011

PDCC 74

After a chat with Sarah C at Paddy's last week I thought I'd give 'clean and simple' or 'less is more' journalling a go ...


... although I am beginning to wonder if that's a contradiction in terms!


This week's wonderful colour combo was chosen by Ruby (aren't those pots fabulous on that wall!), and we're sponsored this week by Lizzie Ann designs who sent the DT some gorgeous rubberstamps each:



I decided to start with a textured white page in my journal - a successful 'less is more' start - to which I then added flowers stamped in blue and lilac/purple - at which point I got carried away lol


Ah well, I'll persevere!  These are gorgeous stamps to use, and come brilliantly packaged in a cd case.  Lizzie Ann designs have supplied an equally brilliant prize this week valued at approx £25


So why not check out this week's DT members pieces for inspiration, then get crafting (and remember, anything goes as long as it's created in blue, purple and white) and enter your piece over at The Play Date Cafe ~ have fun!

15 comments:

  1. Great page Sarah - funny about the less is more approach though - I love the background texture, and your subtle journalling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page - I love this! and the colours this week are so pretty.
    Happy Birthday for yesterday and I wish we'd had a picture of you with the box on your head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool Sarah!!! i am so wanting to give this a go...but tooo afraid LOL!! Wish I could come over the pond for a lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effect! I think that it's just perfect even with a little more ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super journal page, Sarah...I think when we get wrapped up in a project and are really diggin' it, it's hard to let it alone!
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out fabulously, Sarah!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and sile and less is more, mmmmm do not think I know the meaning LOL. Great journal page, love the journaling and glad to see you back blogging. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was supposed to say simple, oh dear, it's Friday, been a long week, Travy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, the colours are just bursting off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I like your white textured background :-)
    A very belated happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, you got some fun (and different from my) stamps to play with, Sarah! I love how you used them very softly. Belated Happy Birthday, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHHH! Another fabulous page! LOVE the "less is more" approach--however, I tend to find I say..." Just one more thing....one more embellie....more color" so less ends up being MORE!

    Happy happy birthday to you!! Hope you had a fabulous day! Wish we were there to celebrate with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is less for you, but more for me! ha! I love how it turned out, the colors are blended marvelously!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry Sarah, forgot to post on how fab our journal page is, so love this weeks colours. And definitely loving the less is more approach:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That should have read YOUR journal page lol:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails