Sunday 15 March 2015

huge demand for cards this week!

March is one of my busiest months for birthdays, and my Mum's birthday is also always very close to Mothering Sunday, so this week I needed LoTs of cards!  I've had a very nasty cough and although I could do bits and pieces of arty stuff, they were little bits at a time ...


 ... so I decided to scan some of my journal pages and use them to create some cards :)


I added a stamped 'happy birthday' greeting and re-highlighted the gold accents from the journal page.  On the back of each card I added a punched heart alongside my 'created by' stamp.


This next card is from a journal page that features a crocheted flower (apologies for the lighting in the next two photos!)...


... so I added another real crochet flower to the card, laying it over the scanned image, as well as stamping a birthday greeting and adding some punched hydrangeas and tiny pearls.


 My third card was for my Mum, who loves this journal page so I scanned it ...


 ...and added some stickles glitter glue on the fairy wings.


 My sister asked me to make a card for her to give Mum on Mother's Day so I had to make sure both cards were quite different.


 They do both feature free machining though ;)  I raided my scraps box to create both cards and used a dried out baby wipe (from art journaling) to create the heart on my card...


...and made a flowery card for my sister to give Mum as she's a gardening type!  She writes beautifully too and I love reading her blog 'Living a life of Flavour.

I have loads to share as I have been absent from this blog for too long!  More to come later in the week.  Thanks so much for visiting :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fab idea scanning your pages in for some batch card making, need to try that one. Love the last 2 as well with the strip of colour and I'm a pushover for a touch of free motion stitching. Hope you're feeling better.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The possibilities are endless! the cards all look fabulous and I am sure they were all well appreciated. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! They look brilliant ! Love the scrap cards too!! See you soon! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, your cards are all so gorgeous! What a fantastic idea to use bits from your beautiful journals to create them!!! These cards are like little treasures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails