Saturday 23 January 2010

didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to Paddy's!


Look! I don't think there's an inch of clear space on that table!!

I spent the day teaching my Art Journalling 1 workshop at Paddy's and some great art was made by all, with lots of laughter along the way :)



I love the contrast Emma's green leaves have against the rest of the page.  Her friend made some beautiful pages in autumn colours...



Love that punched hand!



Amy, Paddy's daughter, made this fab page using the artful stamper stamp I used for this week's pdcc. She made some other gorgeous pages using torn paper circles.



Carol used the same stamp with a completely different effect. And look how those leaves in the background shine! Audrey used the same paint [Stewart Gill Byzantia Illuminata] in her journal. It made me think of illuminated manuscripts when the light caught it...



Audrey and Glo both made beautiful 'girly' pages:


Audrey


Glo

Then we all had a bit of a chuckle when they both produced these pages:


Audrey


Glo

What a contrast!! What deep meaning do these dark black and red pages reveal? Especially with those praying skeletons! LOL

This is what is so great at taking time to play in an art journal. You produce art that you probably never would in any other place, and enjoy it! Just like children play with new colours and just have fun, so should we! It's good for you you know :)

Repeat of this workshop:  Thursday 28th January 2010
2 spaces remaining
Contact Paddy on 0161 798 5115 to book.

Art Journalling 2 coming March 2010!

14 comments:

  1. Goodness me! What a great time!

    Next time, please have one of your students take a photo of you to share, too....pleeeease!

    Love what everyone did there!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah - looks like this was as much fun as it was first time round - almost wish I hadn't done it so I could do it again! I'm dying for part two!
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I really want to come to one of your classes one day! It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like a ton of fun! i loved seeing everyone's journal pages.....thanks for sharing your play day with us! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah -

    I was idleing[is there such a word!!] looking at your blog and saw what a great workshop you did with Paddy - want to come on Thurs !!!!! Dont know whether I can - cant contact Paddy on a Sunday !!! sob sob!!
    Hilary [of "woolpaper" fame!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! These pictures are enough to make me want to try a journal.... may have to go out shopping today after all, lol! They look fab - can I admit to loving those praying skeletens? They make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a very fun day! I just love the skeletons pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a fab time at Paddy's. Must make time to do one of your workshops. Never really tried journalling !

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Sue, you did get mentioned re the skeletons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like my sort of party Sarah. Wish Paddy's was close to me! I'm just starting to take an interest in journalling (because of Lynn at Graphicus) but haven't done any yet.

    Thanks for leaving your lovely encouraging comment on our new blog, Craft Stamping Quartet.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ha ha! Yes, the skeletons are everywhere :-) Your journaling class looks like great fun! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Urgh I could KICK myself - Paddy's shop is local(ish) and a had a 'free' day yesterday - cuss cuss cusss ... I'm not able to make Thursday (working and no hols left :-( ) - Would I be able to join in Journal 2 in March if I havent done this one?

    The Journals look delish - great work ladies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails