Thursday 7 January 2010

first Play Date Colour Challenge of 2010!



Gold   Silver   Black   White

These colours from Sandi have sooooooooo much potential.  I LOVED the challenge of this one as I would normally pair black or white with silver, but put gold with cream.  I love jewellery with both silver (or white gold) and gold together but have never used them together in my artwork.  Black and white I love, as regular readers will know.  So what did I make?



....Something I've had in my head for a while!!  I decided a bird would be perfect as he/she could have a black and white body with metallic feathers.


I cut the body shape out in card and covered it with a retro scrapbook paper of black squares on white.  I stamped over this, and added peeloff (yep!!!  don't forget, they have their uses sometimes!!)  dots.   



Each tail feather is different.  There is a silver piece of card covered in sticky backed ribbon, cuttlebugged foil leftover from a workshop I took from Sue Roddis [she's teaching it at The Stamp Attic on and they have a few places left on the second day if you're quick!!], and cuttlebugged gold card embossed with white EP and dipped in glitter whilst still hot.

Have fun playing with these metallics, plus black and white.  I think they'll be some amazing interpretations as the colour combo is so amazing

17 comments:

  1. Sarah I just love this!!! He's so cute, such a clever idea.
    I'm actually able to join in this time so will try and make something really special.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog, Sarah (I was randomly blog hopping!) So glad I found it - your piece for the playdate chalenge is FAB! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB-U-LOUS birdie!! And thanks for the workshop plug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, Tres Chic, that bird is magical. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adore this little fella. Just my cup of Tea! I must start making some more objects. I love them. I have a birdie journal picture on my blog you may like to see here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little chap has so much charm and character - I love him. I shall have a go at this one, yours and Sue's and the DT's entries have inspired me!
    Keep warm
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inspired by the colours and the bird. I'm going to do something different for the challenge, but expect a birdie to appear on my blog very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your birdie, Sarah--just perfect for the challenge...or anything else! You have such a wonderful style! Hope your enjoying all your snow, and that you can just stay home--warm & cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! Your creations for the challenges are always so fabulous! Love the metallic feathers. Hopefully I'll get back on track and be able to participate again soon.

    Thanks so much for sharing my giveaway on your lovely blog! I really appreciate all the special comments you left, especially the comment on my first blog post ever! You are so sweet!

    Thanks also for following me on my creative journey!

    Creative Blessings,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo this is just lovely. Really cute.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, your creations are always so wonderful, and this bird is no exception! I love it! You have such a great imagination! ♥ Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is juts fabaroonie! Is that new word? lol I am hoping to join in with the cafe this week
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first visit to your blog and what a treat...I love this little bird. How talented you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your sweet comment Sarah! Yes, the golden bird is lovely but I think I love yours more, very creative!! Would fit perfectly in my kitchen window! :D

    Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails