Thursday 14 January 2010

pdcc#12 - shades of blue



I have a feeling that these shades of blue are going to look different on different people's computers, and to different people ( blue is one of those colours we seem to see differently, ever had that argument with your other half!!).  But that's what's great about the Play Date Cafe, you don't need to worry!



Whilst out shopping last week I came across a ball of wool that was three shades of blue twisted together.  And since I was in a crocheting mood, I invented this little wooly owl!  He's the first creature I've designed myself and I'm very pleased with him.



His eyes are made from old buttons from my button tin :)


And he loves to be outside in the branches of trees, but it was a little bit cold today so he came back in!  He is so nesh!!

Thanks for these colours Alison, love what they got me to produce :)

21 comments:

  1. I love him! and I love the idea of using blue. Will challenge myself with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your adorable owl, Sarah! What an amazingly creative girl you are! What a perfect example of the diversity of our challenge--fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute! I hope you didn't leave him out in the cold too long, though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww he is so cute, and BLUE is my colour, so am creating in my head while typing :)
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh... I LOVE this owl... so cute!! Great work!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little owl! I love his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL you are nuts but I love that about you!! He is SOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun. It reminds me of Julie Arkell's funny things she creates. I have her book. Maybe you will inspire me to make something mad this week. You inspired me last week and I ended up winning. Feeling Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's gorgeous, Sarah! Love the photograph of him in the tree x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that owl, at least he will be warm in that tree when it snows. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your owl is soooooooo cute! Dropdead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want one!!!!! So Adorable!!!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah! I love your wooly owl. He is soooo adorable. Love the shot with him on the tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely, quirky little chap !

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute. and only your first.
    and all the shades of blue too. how clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails