Tuesday 19 January 2010

play date with a fab friend



You can't get much better than a day spent with a crafting friend, shopping in new craft shops (new to me anyway) then playing with the new purchases together.  Not forgetting a chip barm for lunch...yummy!!



Sue took me to Craft Addicts first where I bought these yummy flower stamps by Autumn Leaves.  Craft Addicts sell  E-Z Walnut Ink Tintz which come in a variety of colours in dabber bottles.  I'd not seen these before so when we got back to Sue's we both played with Sue's collection of these inks in our journals.  Having just returned from Wendy's Stamp Attic, Sue had new stamps to play with too...Tattered Angels Clear Stamps of owls and butterflies [Graceful Journey].



I stamped the butterfly on the bag Tracy had put my goodies in at Craft Addicts, as well as some of the flowers :)  The page isn't finished yet, want to work on the leaves!



We visited Carol at the Cubby Hole before going back to Sue's, arriving just in time for a chip barm :)  I won't show you my purchases from there just yet, I want to use them for this week's play date cafe challenge:)

6 comments:

  1. looks like a fab day was had by all........and good job i ordered more of those stamps too!! you two are insatiable lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can we all say the word together...."JEALOUS" !!

    Looks like you had a great day, my friend...good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I absolutely love those pages... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know if I were to see those clear stamps at the store, I wouldn't probably like them or buy them. But then I see what you did on what looks like a journaling page with paints, the way you added the buds from the stamp set to those pages, it looks amazing. Truly amazing, I love it! That just goes to show you that a true artist can make anything look great or appealing. That's not to say that I don't consider myself an artist but I certainly wouldn't have thought of how you used them. I just love the way those stamps look on your pages. I also love the look of your calendar pages. Very inspiring artwork. It's made me think that I need to start working out of my comfort zone. You are clearly an extremely talented artist that's for sure. So glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the soft colours of these pages Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful youve done a fab job xx
    debbie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails