Monday 20 December 2010

Brrrrrrrrr!


It's very, very pretty outside today, with stunning frost and snow, but it's flippin cold!!!  -8c is far too cold for me, so I'm putting off going to the post office (much of the post is delayed anyway!!) and doing jobs in the house to keep warm.


I did venture out earlier to take the kids to school, and came back a bit of a nervous wreck after sitting at the top of my road giving way to a car which then slid towards me on the ice.  Fortunately it stopped a few inches from my bumper.  I hate driving in this weather, I did a graceful slide in the same spot on Saturday. 


This is one of the views from my attic bedroom window on Saturday morning.  I'd been really looking forward to the Christmas party at the Cubby Hole and although they'd had very little snow in Crewe, we'd had enough to make the drive a bit dodgy, especially in Malc's little car.  I can't wait to get mine replaced!


In celebration of all this white stuff, and in an attempt to put off the many jobs I have to do today, I made a tag!


I have a little packet of flowers I crocheted in the summer :)


I layered the flower with bits of lace and organza ribbon, having collaged a plain manilla tag with stamping, dabbing and some music paper (7 gypsies, Paddington paper from The Stamp Attic)   :)


I'm going to post this on Jennie's blog as she's been suffering from tag withdrawal symptoms!  

Oh and ps, we're introducing our new designers over at The Play Date Cafe this week.  We'd love you to stop by and meet them :)

11 comments:

  1. Know how you feel with all the white stuff, snowed in here too... Absolutely loving your tag, its just gorgeous x stay safe & warm x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wintery tag! I agree, today is very pretty - we have bright sunshine here (Surrey) but it's melting the thinner snowy areas and the sluch is very slippery underfoot! Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you were missed on Saturday! But best place to be is home with weather like this, so dont blame you :) Have a wonderful Christmas and see you in 2011 - for lots of great workshops!
    Suzanne xx

    PS. minus 11 here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Sarah! So artsy and creative! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Winter Wonderland out your window there :) LOVE that tag! Your crochet flower is just delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Winter pictures are lovely, it does look picturesque outside as long as you are sitting inside by the fire LOL. Lovely tag, really like the crochet flower and the background. Have a wonderful Christmas Sarah and Best Wishes to your family too. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, and I agree with That Woman - you were definitely missed. Enjoy Christmas and we'll see you next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely snowy tag, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are gorgeous...I can imagine the view down your street is really beautiful.
    The tag is kinda sweet, too : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah,I love that tag. I think the flower has masses of flower power. It is the perfect colour for now. I think this is one of the prettiest tags I have seen for a while.
    Happpy Christmas
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment; it makes my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails